Coming back to our real topic. So you have a router with ISP username and password in it and you don't remember the password. You can either call ISP and ask to reset the password that will take 2-3 days (may be more depends on willingness of ISP provider :)) OR you can follow below steps to recover the password:
- Make sure that you are connected to the router from which you have to recover ISP password.
- Login to your router using a web browser. Usually most routers have default IP address http://192.168.1.1 (unless you have changed it) which you have to type it in your browser's address bar and hit enter.
- Now you will get a prompt to enter username and password to log into router configuration. Again this by default username is "admin" and password is also "admin". (unless you have changed it :)).
- Navigate to WAN settings page. Now you will see your username and password in the form of stars.
- If you are using Firefox browser and have firebug add-on installed or chrome browser, right click on password field and from context menu select menu having string "Inspect". Click on the images below to see bigger images.
- A window will open with a highlighted field. You will see something like[html]<input type="password">[/html]
- Click on "password" word and change that string to "text". Now it should look like[html]<input type="text">[/html]
- And there you got your ISP password.
See video demo of how to do above steps: